Monday 21 November 2011

18th Spell - The Power of Magick

There are times as a witch, in which magick is so close, and yet so far.

Yesterday, I was in pain.

Like this only fifty-billion-trillion times worse.

I was having... you know. Those kinds of pains. Cramps. And thus, I awoke a little before 6am, to the pounding of my stomach... and the next door neighbor playing obnoxiously loud music.

Lore was asleep beside me. I lay in bed for a little, hoping to get back to sleep, before the irresistible urge of having to go and use the bathroom hit me, and I was forced to get up. I heard Lore move beside me, waking up. Honestly, the next hour or so was a blur of me using the bathroom, me groaning in pain, and Lore bringing me a heat pad she conjured up out of heated dry rice and a washcloth.

Rice never felt so good.

Its like, once I feel better I also have the means to make breakfast.

After Lore called the police on the neighbors playing their music (this has happened a few times before), and I watched her move around and swear all over the kitchen, she finally managed to head back to bed to get some sleep. During that time, I took an Excedrin in efforts to fight off the pain.

Normally, I can take half the dosage, because I just don't take any kind of medication that often. But, as I went to sit in the living room so I didn't disturb Lore by tossing around, the hours passed.

Eight rolled around.

Then nine.

The Excedrin didn't work.

I was still in agony. So I just took another, now up to the normal dosage. That was around 9:30am. I made coffee for Lore, since she was getting up to head off to work.

But the pain didn't cease.

Lore made a cup of lavender tea for me, holding it under my nose for me to sniff it as I hunched over one of the chairs in the living room.

"Lavender tea relaxes the muscles," Said the Kitchen Witch, giving me a pitying look. "...I'm sorry I can't do anything else for you."

And off to work she went.

It was as I was laying on the couch, waiting for my friend Kieran to come over with a stronger pain medication, that a thought struck me:

Why didn't I use magick to help me?

Wow, yeah. Duh, self.

But it was as those thoughts came to me, that I realized a flaw in my logic. I wanted to count on magick to heal me, but I was in so much pain, I didn't really believe it could help me. Normally, I relied on magick first, then turned to drugs (kind of like most rappers before they appear in court), but this time, I had done it the other way around and relied on painkillers first.

If I didn't believe in my own magick, surely... it wouldn't work. Admittedly, I also couldn't muster up the strength to even get off the couch to get my wand.

...And I had also started shouting out expletives and taking the patron's name in vain. Magick probably wasn't going to do much for me today.

"WHY HAS GOD FORSAKEN ME?!" <-- Actual quote

No comments:

Post a Comment